Thursday, April 26, 2012

This is Truly a Small World

WOW!!!!! I am humbled and overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support that you have given to Ken, me and our family over this past week.  This blog was sent to many places all over the United States that I know of.  Can you imagine where else it may have been sent?  Growing up my mom would always tell me this is a small world and people are all connected.  This past week has proven that to me. 

Over a year ago, I received a Facebook request to pray for a man named Chris who was going into surgery for a kidney transplant and for his donor, a friend named Cristina.  I immediately said a prayer thinking about Ken and hoping one day I would post this same request on Facebook.  Last week on the blog I received a message from a lady in Georgia named Kelley who told me she read my blog and wanted to share her story with me.  As I read the article she sent me from a Georgia newspaper, I was touched by the words and then realized her husband was Chris, the person I prayed for a few years ago.  We now are talking through emails sharing our stories.  It was so good to meet someone who could empathize with our feelings and concerns.  She told me in one of her emails that we are soul sisters now and I thank you Kelley so much for that.You can read her story here:

I ask you all to continue to share this blog and our Facebook page with family and friends and ask them to pass it on too. Also, I would love to hear back from you. I want this blog to be a place where comments are made and questions are asked.  There is a comment link below each blog where you can post your thoughts, stories, feelings and other valuable information.

Until next time, may the Lord carry us on our journey for a kidney for Ken,


Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment