Monday, September 10, 2012

My Husband Is Back

Good Afternoon to Everyone, 

Although I am not nearly as good of a writer as my brother, I decided to give him a break and write the newest update. I was able to see Alex just a few minutes ago! Wow, talk about one of the best feelings to see his groggy, but smiling face. He said that he was not in any pain and very relieved everything went well. Alex had not yet been informed of the news that my dad's body had immediately accepted his kidney. We were only given 10 minutes to visit with him, but in those 10 minutes, I knew I had my husband back because he was immediately cracking jokes. When the nurse asked if he wanted something to drink, he asked for a gin and tonic. He then asked me if he could go on a golf trip to San Francisco and turned to me and said, "It would be hard to say no to me now." Yep, Alex is definitely back! We were not able to see my dad, but we will be able to see him at 4:00 CT. To know what my father and husband went through today makes me realize that they are true heroes. Thank you all again for the prayers and please keep them coming.

Until the next time...
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Praising God for His amazing gifts of modern medicine, generosity, and endless mercy! Rejoicing with you all on this magnificent day!

    Lauren (Nolan) Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Beautiful story! Great testament of Faith and love. Way to go Ken and Alex!
    Thanks for the updates, Greg and Kelly.

    Emily Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,
    Tell Alex there will be G T and lime at the house tomorrow!
    Love,
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete